Style may be related to how we dress, but it’s also impacted greatly by the way we carry and treat ourselves. As 2018 draws to a close, now is the time to set resolutions for 2019 that will make us look and feel happy and healthy! Here are some things you may want to work on in the coming year:
- Get your sleep. Sleep is super important for your overall health- both mental and physical! You will feel more alert and capable of handling your day, your body will get the time it needs to regenerate and even fight off illnesses like colds, and, and added perk: your skin will regain its natural glow!
- Drink water. We know, believe us, we know, how hard it is to choose water over coffee or snacks throughout the day. But you know what they say: if you’re craving something, it’s always water! So keep a supply handy at all times and sip it first before turning to other alternatives.
- Eat real food. Mornings can be hectic, schedules are busy day in and day out… but food is an essential part of your day, so treat it as such! Don’t snack or rely on quick sugar rushes to pull you through- be deliberate, plan your meals ahead of time, and keep a stash of fruits and vegetables on hand, making sure to provide your body with the nourishment it needs. Start with a hearty breakfast to stay on track. Don’t skimp on this one!
- Be more active. Not everyone has the time (or inclination) to wake up early and go to the gym, but finding ways to stay active throughout your usual routine would be beneficial too! Take the stairs, walk those last few blocks to work, and work on your posture throughout the day to get in touch with your body and stay strong.
- Dress up a bit. How you look leaves an impression on others, but it also makes a real difference in how you approach yourself and your day. Give yourself a little boost each day by wearing something special or fancy, like your favorite pearl earrings or an elegant bracelet! It might feel silly at first but you will feel the effect and never go back.
What are your New Year’s resolutions?
Until next time,
Pearl & Clasp