Some girls like to experiment with different styles and clothes (which is great!) but some just feel more comfortable in a good ol’ pair of jeans. Both approaches are widely acceptable (assuming you’re not headed for a black tie event), especially if done right. If you’re an avid jeans wearer, you probably have a bit of a wardrobe routine, but you can easily spice up your look without sacrificing much time or comfort. Here are 5 great ways to wear plain jeans and a t-shirt:
- Pair your favorite skinny jeans and white or black tee with a printed scarf and some great boots. Added bonus is that this style is PERFECT for spring, allowing you to add a layer for chillier mornings without ruining your look. Choose a scarf with an interesting, colorful pattern and perhaps fringe, and boots that are both stylish and practical like heeled booties or riding boots. If you’re not a boot gal, or don’t love the Western implication, try ballet flats instead. These will add a bit of femininity and elegance, which you can boost with a nice bracelet and other dainty accessories.
- Fashionable sneakers, colorful accessories and a cap will channel a combo of street-chic and sporty. Added benefit: sneakers are comfortable and great for long, busy days filled with shopping, commutes or longer walks. Don’t forget a watch, chunky jewelry and a fashionable backpack or purse!
- Wide brimmed wool hats are trending, and go well with basically anything. Keep your look minimal with a solid t-shirt, neutral-colored shoes and a belt, and add a cool bag for some added drama. If you’re not into hats, you can replace the thin belt with something with a statement buckle. Add sunglasses and earrings and you’re good to go!
- Jeans can be professional (most of the time) when paired with a tweed jacket or fitted blazer and the right accessories. Point-toe heels, subtle jewelry and natural makeup are all great choices. Add a metal watch and nice bag for some final polish.
- Leather jackets are a classic piece, and look great with a plain t-shirt and jeans! Soften the edges of your look with some slim heels or ballet flats and smaller, more delicate accessories, or keep everything tough with some black booties, statement jewelry and red lipstick.
Are you a jeans and t-shirt girl? What are your favorite outfits?
Until next time,