Chances are, you’re a pretty busy gal. We’ve talked a lot about giving your jewelry and wardrobe the TLC they need, but what about you?
It’s not just pearls that need a good cleanse once in a while! Sometimes (all the time!) it’s important to step back and take care of yourself as well. If you’ve been feeling run down, tired, stressed, or just overwhelmed enough to roll your eyes at this post, you may want to slow down and try a few of these suggestions:
- Take a bubble bath. Like your pearls, your body and your soul could use a good soak once in a while. Take it seriously, and choose bath salts or bubble bath with a scent that you love, light some candles, and turn on some Norah Jones to really make it count. If you’re a wine lover, throw a glass into the mix as well!
- Whether you’re into yoga or not, taking the time to stretch your muscles and reconnect with your body can really have an impact on your mood. Set aside a few minutes each day for some basic stretching, and see how you feel once you’ve been committed for a while. The difference will blow your mind!
- Form good habits. Just like we carefully cultivate our closets and outfits, our daily routines and habits need cultivating too. Are you eating the way you should be? Are you using your time efficiently? Are you getting sucked in to the same cycles or routines? Try to assess yourself and your habits and take control of your day-to-day, while giving yourself an emotional break. Be your best friend, not your bully.
- Cook. For yourself, this time. What’s your favorite restaurant dish? A recipe you’ve always wanted to try? Cook yourself (and your partner, if you have one) a homemade meal using fresh ingredients, and enjoy the delicious fruits of your labor!
- Go out. If cooking isn’t really your thing, or you need a break, choose a date and go out for a meal. It doesn’t have to be dinner, a brunch or midday snack works too as long as you won’t be rushing through it.
- Be present. Focusing on what’s in front of us is hard when we know there is so much waiting for us to deal with right around the corner. But we often get carried away by our own thoughts, and miss what it is we’re actually looking for. Take a minute to appreciate the things you currently have and to enjoy what you are doing each day.
That’s all for now! What are your favorite ways to unwind and break the daily cycle?
Until next time,