The busy schedules of moms make it unbelievably hard to stay stylish. Mornings are often hectic and rushed, so time is limited, while the laundry is backed up and is usually divided into very basic loads. If you’re lucky, you managed to separate the colors from the whites. Dry-clean only, hand wash and delicates are foreign concepts to most moms, and rightfully so. Though it does get easier as kids get older, there are a few relatively effortless ways for mommies to look chic and put together without adding extra stress to their routine. Here are a few tips:
- Build your wardrobe on the foundation of machine washable jeans and tees or sweaters. Make sure these fit you well. Get these in a range of mix-n-match-able colors and styles, but keep them basic and durable.
- Invest in exciting layers like blazers, cardigans and scarves. These will really pull your outfits together and add some flare to your basics. Try different combinations to keep your look fresh!
- Super super important: great shoes. As a mom, you probably spend a lot of time on your feet, or driving. Your shoes should be practical and comfortable, but that doesn’t mean you have to wear sneakers. The right pair of flats or boots makes ALL the difference in an outfit. Find a few pairs that match your basic t-shirts and scarves to really complete your look.
- Another key part of any outfit. Here at Pearl and Clasp we of course love pearls. Whether it’s a bracelet or a simple pair of earrings, these can totally take an outfit from meh to bravo!
- Keep yoga pants for workouts. DON’T use them as everyday wear. Jeans, trousers, even high quality leggings are all great options. The psychological impact they will have on you will improve your look and your day!
- Stain remover is a life saver. Keep some Shout wipes in your diaper bag or purse for emergencies, and a spray in the laundry room. Motherhood comes with a wide range of explosions and spills, so being prepared will help you stay ahead of the game.
Most importantly, have fun getting dressed every morning! Incorporate a quick makeup sesh into your routine, and put on an outfit that makes you feel confident and optimistic. Not only will your family and peers see the difference, but you’ll feel the difference as well!