With changes in season, style, and size, every woman is always searching for the wardrobe necessities that she must have in order to show off her best assets and present herself in the best way possible. Luckily, timeless basics are all you need to be able to swap out accessories and outerwear without having to invest in a whole new wardrobe every single season. Want to know the wardrobe necessities you may be lacking? Here’s a list to get you started.
1. Pencil skirt: Flattering on every figure type and perfect for year round, a plain black pencil skirt is an absolute must have for any woman’s wardrobe. Versatile enough to go from the office to happy hour to a dinner party, make sure to get one that’s structured with clean lines that will take you anywhere you want to go, seamlessly.
2. White button down shirt: Another wardrobe necessity, a white button down shirt is versatile and timeless. Paired with a stylish sweater or cardigan in the winter or unbuttoned with sleeves rolled up for spring, you’ll never be lacking something to wear with a multipurpose garment like this in your closet.
3. LBD: Along with a classic pencil skirt and button down, a little black dress is a wardrobe necessity for every modern woman. With your busy schedule, you’ll always need an outfit to wear out everywhere from a date to a weekend affair, and an LBD is the perfect outfit solution. Worried about repeating your same look multiple times? Switch out your accessories and hairdo to create a new signature look each time you wear your little black dress.
4. Classic pumps: Your LBD won’t do you any good if you don’t have a pair of classic pumps to wear with it. Classic pumps never go out of style, and if you can find a pair that’s comfortable and stylish, you’ve hit the wardrobe jackpot. Stick with a pair with a small platform and high heel for comfort and style, and go with a classic leather to keep the look streamlined.
5. Stylish flats: While we all love our high heels, it’s not realistic to be able to wear them every day. A pair of stylish flats will look great with everything from clamdigger capris to a flowy summer skirt. Get a pair in a neutral color with a design that can go from the mall to the office to maximize your wear.
6. Pearl jewelry: If you’re looking for an accessory that’s timeless but will still allow you to show off your personal style, pearl jewelry is definitely the way to go. Whether you pick earrings or an endless pearl strand, pearl jewelry can be casual or glamorous depending on how and where you wear it. Want to show off your inner diva? Get a strand with a flashy diamond clasp. Want to keep it demure and romantic? This relaxed pearl necklace can seamlessly take you from the conference room to happy hour.
7. Fitted jeans: Every woman has a love/hate relationship with jeans, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t need a great pair. Go with a slightly stretchy but stylish look that will wear and wash well. If you find a pair you love, buy two, as companies change their styles and fit frequently enough to make the investment worthwhile.
8. Tailored blazer: A wardrobe life-changer, a tailored blazer will take any outfit up a notch, making it possible for you to wear your baby doll dresses to the office and dressing up your khaki capris for brunch. Here, show off your personal style by getting a neutral color that isn’t black, like brown or blue. Some prints are also considered neutral, like stripes, polka dots, and animal prints. Just make sure you get one you’ll be able to wear with multiple outfit choices.
9. Classic cardigan: Along with a tailored blazer, a classic cardigan will allow you to repurpose outfits you would never think you could wear to a professional event. Get one with clean lines that accentuates your body’s natural lines. Even better? You can keep it on in the office to beat the air conditioning and take it off for drinks at the bar after work.
10. Multipurpose boots: A great pair of boots is an absolute must have. Three-season shoes will bring you from fall to spring seamlessly, and are stylish enough to transition from the office to the street without having to change. Get a pair that’s waterproof and warm for winter so that you don’t have to lug rain boots and pumps to the office on a dreary day, and you’ll be grateful you made the investment.
What do you think about our wardrobe basics list? Anything you absolutely can’t live without? Let us know in the comments!
Until next time,