Now that Fashion Month is over, the leading styles for this spring are hitting the streets- hard! Stay ahead of the game with these 10 trends, or create your own spin-offs for a personalized touch.
- Striped tops. Button downs, off-the-shoulder tops and asymetrical shirts are all making a statement with stripes. Bold contrast and subtle pinstripes are both popular options, especially the ever-classic nautical navy and white. Wear your stripes with pearls and a pop of color like yellow or red to maximize the look.
- Plaid. Like stripes, plaid come in a wide range of colors, sizes and textures. Plaid coats and skirts add some serious style to any outfit, and look great with edgy boots, heels or ballet flats.
- Blazers. Big and boxy or tailored and trim, blazers are making a big comeback this season. An excellent layering piece for spring, blazers class up any outfit, making you look sophisticated and put-together. Add some jewelry and great shoes and you’ve got a look that will take you from day to night! Pro tip: let the cuffs of your shirt peek out from beneath the blazer.
- Gucci purses. Never underestimate the power of a great handbag! Sales of Gucci bags have risen 32% since Fashion Week in Milan this month, and people are still looking them up in abundance. Consider your needs and make sure to choose a bag that suits your routine.
- Embroidered denim jackets. This blast from the past is stayin’ alive with recent approval from celebs like Olivia Palermo. A big hit in Milan, designers are reviving this look with several modern twists and layers. Pair yours with a sundress or solid-colored maxi dress for a nostalgic but ultra-trendy look!
- Red. Red shoes, red dresses, red pants, red jackets- you name it, they showed it! Ushering in the hot, sunny season, designers and buyers are just mad about red! Go bold with a red outfit, or add pops of red with lipstick, a scarf or even some red shoes.
- Dark floral patterns. Flowers are trending everywhere, but darker, more subtle patterns are really drawing shoppers’ eyes this season. Elegant but edgy, this trend is feminine and fun while maintaining a more sophisticated attitude. Sales have shot up by almost 30% this month, so you may want to jump on the flower-wagon!
- Aviators. Always popular, aviators are still one of the top trends this season. The most unique and bestselling shape for shades this year is octagons, so if you’re looking for some new eyewear, consider ditching the traditional circles for some high-fashion shapes!
- Patent leather. We looooove this on shoes, and especially as point-toe or d’orsay heels! The shine just screams fancy and high-end, and instantly boosts an outfit. Pair with red lipstick and a great bag for an absolutely flawless look.
- White booties. Bright, spring-y and still a drop warm, white booties are a season staple that got major exposure in Milan. If you have a long commute or tend to walk outdoors, these may not be for you, but if you can keep them looking clean this is definitely a style worth trying!
Will you try these trends?
Until next time,