You may not be feeling very springy yet- let’s face it, with this freezing, wet weather it’s hard to imagine a time when you can just step outside without layers and layers of clothes- but the warm, sunny season is almost upon us. We don’t recommend packing up your winter wardrobe just yet, but you can definitely start daydreaming about new spring items for your closet. If you’re not sure where fashion is headed this year, don’t worry- we’ve done the research for you and have got the inside scoop on Spring 2016 trends. Check out these popular runway styles:
1. Cold Shoulder Tops. This style ranges from sexy to sophisticated to romantic, showing just the actual shoulder and covering the arms, collar bones and sometimes the neck. Depending on the occasion and your style, you can keep your outfit modest with a bit of twist, or go all-out with this familiar but fresh look.
2. The White Button Down. Didn’t we just talk about how awesome these are? Well, the classic, white button-down shirt is stealing the spotlight on runways all over the world, complete with interesting slashes, ruffles, buttons and hemlines. Don’t be afraid to buy more than one; try something safer and simple for casual wear and something more daring for a night out. Don’t forget to pair it with great jewelry and makeup!
3. Slip-Like Tops and Dresses. Made from drapey silks and sheer lacy, slinky, lingerie-inspired styles are also prominent in fashion shows this season. Balance a sexier top with dark jeans, a cardigan or jacket and minimal makeup to stay classy, and don’t overdo it with accessories either!
4. Material Mashups. Designers have taken liberties with fabrics this season, so so should you! Interesting drapes, asymetrical hemlines, bulky leather, suede, knits and wools, lace paneling: these are all great options to add interest and an artistic flare to your look. Of course, limit yourself to one or two, or add an additional texture as an accessory like a bag.
5. Pleats. Body and structure are all the rage, and that includes pleats both big and small. Combining sophistication with a bit of flirt, pleated skirts, dresses and tops will all make great additions to your wardrobe this spring!
What do you think of these trends? Will you be trying them this spring?
Until next time,