It’s not a secret that Mr. Groundhog definitely saw his shadow this month, and we don’t know about all of you, but we’re definitely starting to get sick of the snow and cold. So we’re trying to stay warm by using a mind over body trick — ogling fashion trends for Spring 2014 and coming up with the perfect outfit inspirations to pair with our favorite pearls. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. Bold, graphic prints are all the rage for this Spring. From high fashion boutiques to the racks at H&M and Forever 21, dresses, harem pants, and skirts alike all feature bold graphics. These black and white outfits look stunning with a simple pair of pearl button earrings.
Bold patterns for spring 2014 by carly-pearls featuring Étoile Isabel Marant long sleeve top / Oasis high waisted legging / Gianvito Rossi black suede pumps / MICHAEL Michael Kors white handbag / 9mm button pearl earrings
2. Tea length skirt: Don’t fret – the miniskirt still has a place in every gal’s closet, but this spring, it’s being swapped out for the proper feminine tea length skirt. Falling at a length somewhere between midi and maxi, a tea length skirt can be modern when paired with a pair of booties and a crop top or traditional when paired with a sweater and pearl strand.
tea length skirt inspiration by carly-pearls featuring: Orange blazer / Lela Rose midi skirt / Charles David high heel pumps / Dorothy Perkins orange purse / Flower pearl earrings / Rebecca buckle pearl bracelet
3. Embellished details: Crystals and gemstones find a new home on shirt collars and sweater sets for this Spring. We love the look of embellished clothing and handbags — and the trends are showing that this season, less isn’t more. A great embellished top looks awesome with a pearl and diamond bracelet. Is this look too much for you? Embellish your jewelry instead of your clothes by pairing pearls with diamonds and turning heads with an eye-catching look.
4. Wide-leg trousers: Menswear has been in style for the past two seasons, and this Spring we’re seeing it with a twist with wide-leg trousers in every color and style. Chic when paired with a blouse or a tank, a wide-leg trouser can be flattering on every body style. If you’re tall and lean, go daring with harem pants, but for a flattering style on every figure, make sure the leg is straight from the hip to the floor.
5. Statement earrings: While necklaces and bracelets still have their place in fashion, the ear is king these days. Swept back hair and a statement ear cuff or flashy earring set makes quite a statement with an otherwise demure outfit. If you’re not ready to go punk-rock with a metal cuff just yet, pick a flashy but still slightly conservative pair of pearl earrings from our collection. Remember, pearls can be punk rock too!