Now that Mercedez-Benz New York Fashion Week is over, we’re still trying to wrap our heads around the gorgeous looks that graced the runway over the course of last week. Our favorite part? So many designers worked pearls into their designs in ways that are accessible to everyone. Here are some of our favorite looks, and some inspirations about how to create them for yourselves.
1. Fabulous and flirty, this look by Oscar De La Renta is easy to create for a cruise, walk on the beach, or casual summer day. The pearls he chose are elegant and classy and contrast beautifully with the lines of this bright turquoise gown.
2. Also by Oscar De La Renta, this gown should look familiar as the one Zooey Deschanel wore at the Golden Globes. The piece de resistance? The shoes, which are stunning updates of an otherwise traditional form. Who do you think wore it better? Let us know in the comments below.
3. This stunning gown by Marchesa has the model literally dripping in pearls, and we are absolutely in love with the look of this 1920’s inspired look. That being said, we’re not sure if it would be appropriate street wear, so we’ve come up with a few ideas to get the same affect without the same number of pearls.
4. Pearls didn’t just grace the runway in clothes and jewelry, either. These gorgeous handbags by Thakoom feature pearls as the shoulder strap. Would you wear them? We think they’re to die for.
Want to get these looks? Here are some inspirations on how to get started.
1. Get Oscar De La Renta’s Teal and Pearl look:
What did you think about Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week? Did we miss any pearl fashions? Let us know, and as always,
Pearl & Clasp