What’s even more exciting than a Duchess? A princess! We couldn’t be more thrilled! Here at P&C we absolutely adore Kate and her family, and we are so excited about their newest addition, little Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. What a beautiful name for a princess, and if she’s as cute as her big brother George, it will suit her well.
But let’s talk about Kate. Her fashion sense is truly unmatched; she always manages to balance class and elegance with just a hint of daring. We’ve been tracking her style for years, and every look seems so effortless and modest, despite her royal position. We just can’t help but think that the Duchess’s short sleeves were begging to be accessorized!
Here she is in Jenny Packham just hours after giving birth to the princess:
Check out how this pearl bracelet compliments her gorgeous engagement ring, and the white of her dress (and baby blanket). We think it’d be fabulous on her!
But now, with everyone else focusing on Kate’s post-baby body, we want to figure out how she looked so amazing while pregnant. Let’s review:
- Layers. Kate’s maternity outfits often featured stylish coats, cardigans or blazers. These help accent a baby bump without looking bulky, and keep the rest of the figure feminine and fashionable.
- Accessories. Kate didn’t skimp on accessories throughout her pregnancies, and was often seen with a cute clutch or eye-catching hat. Her jewelry was also stunning (as usual), and effectively drew the eyes up and away from her belly.
- Kate always, and we mean always, pairs her outfits with excellent shoes. Her go-to style is the nude pump, which is simple, classy, and oh so slimming. Nude heels make the leg look longer and thinner, keeping her look sleek, and emphasizing only her growing belly.
- Clean lines. Kate look is always elegant and understated; something she accomplishes by keeping the lines of her dresses clean and uncomplicated. She sticks to the classics: A-line, empire waist, and shift dresses, and they all mesh seamlessly with her accessories and hairstyle.
- Neutral colors. Like the simple lines of her ensembles, Kate’s color choices are always easy on the eyes. They don’t specifically draw attention to her baby bump, but make any effort to hide it either. Dark colors like black and navy are slimming, which is an added bonus.
Whether she’s dressed for an evening of royalty or an afternoon picnic, Kate’s timeless style is always worth emulating. We can’t wait to see Princess Charlotte follow in her Mom’s footsteps!
Until next time,