Well, our favorite award night of the year has come and gone – The Oscars swept in, wowed us (as always) with their glamour and glitz and fashions, and left us dreaming about Oscars to come. From some major dramatic snafus (Really, not including Joan Rivers – a red carpet icon- in the “In Memoriam” section?!) to some AMAZING fashions, we have a lot to say about this year’s award ceremony. Here are just a few of the notable fashions we can’t stop talking about.
1. Lupito Nyongo’o – We’ve featured gowns that are dripping in pearls before, but perhaps none so classic and refined as Nyongo’o’s gorgeous Calvin Klein Collection gown. Somehow rich and luscious without being bulky or adding any volume to her tiny frame, this red carpet masterpiece will stay with us for Oscars to come.
2. Chrissy Teigen: Teigen proved that you don’t have to wear white in order to feature pearls as your outfit’s main attraction. Her powder blue Zuhair Murad gown was embellished with blue pearls and other beads and gems in a flawless composition.
3. Viola Davis: Our favorite TV Lawyer-turned-accomplice chose to wear a classic pearl chandelier necklace with her pearl-colored taupe gown, proving that a classically styled monotone look can include an extreme amount of visual interest.
4. Felicity Jones: Another pearl-embellished gown, Jones’ Alexander McQueen ballgown had a modern pearl bodice and a bell skirt, making it a perfect pairing between tradition and modern style.
5. Zendaya Coleman: Wearing a Vivienne Westwood off-the-shoulder gown, Coleman chose to keep her jewelry simple and refined with a pair of pearl and diamond earrings — which we are OBSESSED with. The best part? We have a pair in our showroom that look almost identical.