Everyone knows that fashion is dictated by a lot of factors in life – the seasons, the designers, and most of all, the celebrities that wear glamorous looks. At this week Golden Globes, we were so excited to see fashions that we can’t wait to apply to our every day lives. What did the stars wear? Here’s our fashion recap:
1. White, White and more White: From Emily Blunt’s white cutout dress to Reese Witherspoon’s beaded Calvin Klein ensemble, we were thrilled to see white show up between Labor Day and Easter. Other stars that boasted our favorite pearl shade were Julia Louis Dreyfus, Sienna Miller, and Jemima Kirke. Want to incorporate white pearls into your wardrobe? Start with this pair of pearl earrings if you’re a pearl beginner.
2. Floral tones and colors: We were floored when we saw Lupito Nyungo’s purple watercolor gown, which made us want to go frolic in a field of flowers. Naomi Watts, Amy Adams, and Zosia Mamet followed suit with pastel tones and florals that made us long for LA weather and springtime, which is just around the corner — right? Pink pearls are a great addition to any springtime (or just springtime-longing) woman.
3. Metallic Ruching: Jessica Chastain, Diane Kruger, and Kerry Washington were just a few of the celebrities wearing metallic gowns on this year’s red carpet. From Chastain’s sweeping liquid gown to Kruger’s more understated, fitted floor sweeper and Washington’s purple metallic, edgy cocktail length dress, we loved seeing an edge of sparkle. Our favorite touch? Kruger’s mother of pearl clutch on one hand, and her beau Joshua Jackson on the other. Add a metallic edge to your wardrobe with black pearls.
4. Deep Jewel Tones: Juliana Margolis, Kartherine Heigl, Lena Dunham, Amy Poehler, and Christine Baranski are just some of the stars that wore gorgeous jewel tone gowns at this year’s golden globes. From ruby red to sapphire blue, jewel tones ruled the evening. Jewel tones and pearls go great together, especially in this necklace from Pearl & Clasp.
5. Embellishment: From beads to jewels to sequins and more, we can’t even start to count the number of embellished gowns that graced the red carpet at this year’s award show. From Anna Faris to Dakota Johnson to Sienna Miller, embellishments allowed the stars to go easy on the accessories and to let their gowns speak for themselves. Embellish your pearls with the addition of Rondels.
What did you think about this year’s Golden Globes fashions? Anything you wish you had in your closet?
Until next time,
Pearl & Clasp