If you’re looking to revamp your style a bit this autumn (and let’s face it, who isn’t?), we’ve done most of your work for you at Pearl & Clasp already! There’s nowhere better to look for inspiration than in France, where fashion and style seem to just come naturally to everybody, so we’ve drawn on their outfits to compile a list of items and tips you should try out ASAP. Check it out:
- Signature jewelry. If you don’t have your go-to, every-day piece, this is something you should look for. Whether it’s pearl earrings or a pendant necklace, the familiar-but-unique focal point will complete your look and make it all your own.
- Play with lengths. Sure, mini skirts are dresses are the most common and are often the easiest to wear, but don’t be afraid to try midi-length tea dresses or skirts! They are ultra feminine and classy, and will definitely take your look up a notch or three. A general rule of thumb is if your skirt passes your knees- wear heels, and if it doesn’t- wear flats. There are lots exceptions though, so play around with colors and textures to see what works best for you. Make sure you feel comfortable, since that will translate into your final look at well.
- Go high-waisted. If you’re more of a pants girl, try ditching the low-cut jeans for cuts with a higher waist. This works with jeans or more traditional trousers, and elevates your style immediately. Pair with a casual t-shirt (half tucked!) and a tailored blazer for an ultra chic look that will take you seamlessly from day to night.
- Add layers and textures. Waterfall cardigans, blazers, scarves… Mix and match lengths and textures to add some subtle-yet-effective interest to your outfits. Keep things dynamic but clean by sticking to neutral colors and anchoring your look with classic touches like point-toe ballet flats and manicured nails.
- Accessorize. Don’t be lazy; this one’s a biggy. An over-sized bag makes an excellent statement piece, as do layered necklaces or a scarf, sunglasses, a pearl bracelet or some great shoes!
- Natural makeup. Soft, dewy skin, nude lips and some eyebrow pencil will transform your look effortlessly, and people won’t even know how you did it! Keep things simple and clean for your go-to look, and don’t forget to spend just a minute on your hairdo each morning, too!
So, what do you think of these tips? Can’t wait to see!
Until next time,