With 2017 in full swing and just a teeny glimpse of spring on the horizon, some of us are thinking about new clothes. According to the pros, a few of 2016’s popular styles will be trending in 2017 as well, so before you start shopping, make sure to check your closets. As always, we’ve got your backs,and have a list of the top styles that fashion moguls are predicting for the upcoming year!
Check it out:
- Sneakers. These shoes have long since graduated from sportswear and are now one of the most popular shoes in fashion. With an endless variety of styles, shapes, colors and materials, sneakers make a valuable addition to any wardrobe. Choose a pair with bright colors or a hidden platform for some bling, or dress up a more subtle pair with some jewelry.
- Sporty pieces. Like sneakers, sportswear is branching out beyond the gym and into casual, everyday wear. Go for an easy, relaxed look with a stylish pair of athletic pants or leggings, or throw a sporty-looking zip-up on over your outfit for both style and warmth. Be sure to soften the look with a loose hairdo, a bracelet and/or some makeup!
- Mules. Flats, heels, espadrilles… Basically anything goes when it comes to mules in 2017! Make sure you try yours on and walk around a bit before you buy them to ensure comfort and convenience.
- Stripes. We talk about stripes all the time, and truly believe they are essential. They look great with anything, literally, and can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion. We love stripes and an added pop of color in the form of shoes or another accessory, and think they look especially great under blazers.
- Artistic prints. Watercolor effects, painted looks and hand-drawn geometric patterns are all the rage, and will continue to trend throughout 2017. The personal feel and uniqueness of the styles has a certain appeal and will look especially good as sundresses and swimsuits this summer!
What were your favorite styles of 2016? Do you see them trending in 2017, too?
Until next time,