People always say embrace your curves, and of course, they’re right! Still, many styles and trends don’t cater to girls who are both curvy AND petite. Don’t worry though, here at Pearl & Clasp we undersyand, and have got you covered! If you’re not quite sure what’s wrong about your outfit, but you know it’s not 100% right, these tips are for you:
1. Tuck in your shirt. Baggy, boxy tees work well for some ladies, but when you’re short and curvy, longer shirts make you look rounder and shorter than you are. An easy way to fix this without getting rid of all of your shirts (don’t do it!) is by tucking them in. Don’t love the look? Try a half or assymetrical tuck just to draw some attention to your waist and create a slimmer line.
2. Only cuff your jeans with a shorter shirt, or a shirt that’s tucked in. Cuffed jeans cut across your leg, automatically making you look shorter and thus, wider. Tucking in your tee will help with this. Added bonus: a tucked-in shirt will add nice contrast to baggier boyfriend jeans.
3. Try heels. Of course, heels are not the most practical shoe, but for special occasions they will absolutely add length to your leg and make you look slimmer. Of course, they also bring an outfit up a notch- so pair them with your favorite earrings to really get in the party mood! If you hate wearing stilettos, try a wider heel or platforms, as they’ll have the same effect.
4. Add a belt! Depending on the dress, put it either on or above your natural waistline. Not only will this lengthen your legs, but it will show off your curves in the most flattering way. Plus, belts add sophistication and style, so… Don’t skip this!
5. Make sure to buy pants that are tailored for petite gals. Bunching at the ankles will only draw more attention to your height.
6. Skip shoes with ankle straps. This is true for sandals, flats and heels. Why cut off your leg uneccessarily?
7. Layer over boxy shirts. Have a boxy shirt that you just can’t part with? No problem! Throw a blazer or cardigan over it to soften your look and slim your shape.
8. Skip shirts with cap sleeves and bat sleeves. Unfortunately, they create an illusion of wider arms due to their cut-off line. Stick with something a drop longer, or sleeveles tops.
Do you make these mistakes? Hope we helped!
Until next time,