Hearts, candy, chocolate and pearls…it’s no wonder that Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays at Pearl & Clasp. That being said, we’re always looking for fun and unique ideas about how to celebrate the people we love every February 14. Whether you’re married, dating, single, or celebrating with friends – one thing is for sure: Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to celebrate the LOVE in our lives – no matter what form it takes. Here are some ideas from Pearl & Clasp about how to get your LOVE on this V-Day.
1. Go on an Adventure: Every love story needs adventure – this Valentine’s Day, create your own! Whether you decide to go on a road trip to a unique local attraction, wander around the closest city to your home, or plan a last-minute romantic weekend away, any adventure had together is certainly better than one experienced alone.
2. Taste Something: If you and your S.O. are into spirits, go to a local winery or brewery for a wine or beer tasting. Drinking not your thing? How about an olive oil, cheese, or chocolate tasting instead? This romantic option for a Valentine’s Day treat will bring your palates closer together as you find out more about your favorite foods and drinks. Some cities even have wine and beer schools that you can attend classes to learn about pairings and sample dishes with your spirits.
3. Cook Something: Going out to dinner for Valentine’s Day can be so cliche, so why not make your own delicacies in the privacy of your own kitchen. From shopping for ingredients to tasting, stirring, and cooking your own food, you’ll be proud of the connection you build in the kitchen and the reward you’ll get to reap as you eat the fruits of your labors. Not so confident in the kitchen? Book a private cooking class for the two of you to get your sauté on.
4. Go Outside: The weather may still be cold, but that doesn’t mean that all hope is lost when it comes to finding a fun activity to do with your S.O. Why not go skiing, and then cozy up in the lounge with a mug of hot cocoa? Or go ice-skating at a local rink, where you can hold hands and catch each other when you fall? Or, why not discover your inner children and go sledding in a local park? No matter what you decide, the great outdoors has a lot to offer this Valentine’s Day.
5. Get Cultured: Your local museums and exhibits have a lot to offer – so why not visit them to reacquaint yourself with the art (and science) that they show off. Make a schedule to enable you to visit as many exhibits as possible, and finish off the day with either a romantic dinner out, or be prepared to enjoy takeout in front of the fire at home. You may be exhausted after a busy day jumping from museum to museum.
As for what to wear while you celebrate LOVE this V-Day, you know our first pick: pearls! Go romantic with a strand of pink graduated pearls to celebrate yourself. And, if you’re unattached this Valentine’s Day, show yourself some extra love by treating yourself to a pair of pink pearl earrings or the below pearl necklace.
Until next time,