Now that fall is almost over (GASP!) and we’ve had our fair share of pumpkin spice everything, it’s time to buckle own and make sure our winter wardrobes are completely intact as the thermostat continues to drop lower. Want to know what’s in style this season? Here’s a list of must-haves to get you started building the perfect winter wardrobe.
1. Parka – the parka is the ultimate jacket for this coming winter. Warm, stylish, and flattering for all body types, you can certainly find a parka that works for you. The best part? If you get a parka with a removable lining, you can transition it from fall to winter seamlessly. Be sure to get one with a little tailoring or even a built-in belt to cinch your waist for the most flattering look.
2. Oversize knit scarf: After a winter like the one we had last year, it’s no surprise that people are taking huge strides to prepare for the frigid weather this winter. An oversize knit scarf is stylish and functional, and is sure to keep you warm during freezing winter nights.
3. High heeled ankle booties: While the over-the-knee boot was all the rage last year, this year the bootie is standing in the spotlight. Show off your shoes and your toned legs when you wear high heeled ankle boots with the perfect amount of flair. Coordinate them with the color of your leggings to elongate your legs, and don’t worry – your thigh high boots from last winter will still get plenty of wear this season.
4. Colorful accessories: After a very black-and-white fashion week, it’s not surprising that accessories are the pop of color every outfit needs. From colorful totes to jewelry touting the perfect amount of colored gemstones, to pearls of every shade and luster, there’s plenty to choose from in the colorful accessory department.
5. Faux fur: Whether you have a fur lined hood or a full-on faux fur jacket, you’re in good company this winter, as fur is all over the streets and storefronts for this winter. Our favorite way to wear fur? A fuzzy scarf or a fur lined parka will add warmth and functionality to your favorite outfits without seeming too over the top.
What are your favorite accessories for winter? Any items you can’t wait to pull out of your closet from last year?
Until next time,