We met her as a little girl in Harry Potter, and have since watched her blossom into a talented, socially-conscious woman. With her recent appearances at premiers of the new live-action Beauty and the Beast, we can’t help but envy her role as the soft-spoken but courageous Belle and her ability to channel a Disney princess both on and off set. Emma’s natural beauty and grace certainly contribute to her flawless style, but here at Pearl and Clasp we’ve been inspired to learn from her fashion choices on the red carpet and during down time to enhance our own looks as well.
Here are a few trends we’ve noticed:
- Texture matters. Emma’s recent choices for premiers around the world often experimented with different fabrics and textures. Sheer paneling, beading, pleats and other artfully-arranged folds and ruching all added interest and uniqueness to her gowns.
- Interesting necklines. Emma favors asymetrical, square, strapless and other unique necklines both on the red carpet and in more casual settings. You will often see her sporting a turtleneck sweater or a boat-necked top instead of the common scoop. With Emma, it’s not really about skin, but about style and perspective.
- Subtle makeup. Though she’ll often opt for a bold lipstick, Emma’s makeup style is generally subdued and natural at its core. She seems to favor light foundations with no dramatic contouring, neutral eye shadow and just a dab of mascara and a quick brush of blush. This dewy look makes her glow in any outfit, letting her inner beauty take center stage.
- Point-toe shoes. Many of Emma’s outfits are complemented by pointed heels or flats. Whether they’re strappy flats, d’orsay kitten heels or sandals, this style adds a touch of polish to any ensemble.
- Delicate jewelry. Emma generally doesn’t choose large, chunky accessries, leaning instead toward pearls, diamond studs and thin, elegant chains and bracelets.
We can’t wait to see what she wears next!
Until next time,