Pearls are revered not only because of their eye-catching luster, but because of their incomparable versatility. In addition to coming in a wide range of sizes and colors, pearl strands can be worn in endless styles, from red carpet-worthy multi strand pearl necklaces to single strands that can be paired with both daytime and eveningwear.
Can’t decide between a single strand, double strand or multi strand pearl necklace or bracelet? Consider the fashion tips below, or consult our pearl experts to get additional ideas about which styles of pearl strands will best match your lifestyle or wardrobe.
- Long single strand pearl necklaces can be left hanging, or can often be worn doubled, knotted or cinched with a decorative pearl clasp to create a more exotic look.
- Although many women such as First Lady Michelle Obama prefer the classic double strand pearl necklace to be worn at a shorter princess length, many celebrities such as Sarah Jessica Parker and Ashlee Simpson have been spotted wearing double strand pearls at opera length.
- Multi strand pearl jewelry can be made from pearls of uniform size or pearls of different sizes for a trendy style that is sure to get noticed. Fashionistas who have embraced this trend include Katherine Heigl and Rihanna.
- Both multi strand pearl necklaces and bracelets can also be twisted for and entirely different look.
- Multi strand pearl jewelry can be restrung as single strands at any time if you so desire.
- Black Tahitian pearl strands stand out beautifully against light-colored clothing and look elegant on women with all skin tones.
Want more advice about how to style your pearl strands? Check out our pearl style guide or contact our customer service center for additional ideas and suggestions. No matter what type of pearl strand you want, you’ll find it here!